What is inbound marketing?
Traditionally, companies use print advertisements, cold-calling, TV commercials, mass mailing, road shows, exhibitions and other ways in the hope of reaching their target customers. Inbound marketing is marketing where your customers come searching for your brand.
This radical difference makes Inbound marketing a very powerful and cost-effective way of marketing your services effectively online.
Inbound marketing channels
In a way, inbound marketing is part of the generic term ‘online marketing’, though inbound marketing doesn’t involve paid media campaigns that is thrust on to the user.
Great content is the cornerstone of any inbound marketing campaign. Effective use of content, great use of social media and search engine optimization form the vital cogs for your inbound marketing initiative.
The following forms the main channels of inbound marketing:
- Social bookmarking
- Type-in traffic
- Podcasts and webinars
- Document publishing/sharing
- News and online PR
- Forum marketing
- Referral links
- Word of mouth
How does Inbound marketing compare to Outbound marketing?
The key findings of Hubspot’s State of Inbound Marketing 2012
report include the following:
- Inbound leads cost 61% less per lead than outbound leads.
- 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog.
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog.
- 70% of marketers indicate that they blog at least weekly.
- 65% of B2B companies report that they have acquired a customer through LinkedIn.
- 81% of businesses reported their company blog is useful to critical for their business.
How Niyati can help in your Inbound marketing campaigns
As a 360 degree digital media agency, we can help you on all aspects of inbound marketing. From strategy development to content creation and distribution, search optimization
, social media management and result tracking, we can be your single source for all inbound marketing activities.